Mile 91 Campus
Our Media and Communications programme focuses on the application of technology to communications and digital media. Students will learn how to communicate in the modern world and will be well prepared for employment in radio, television, print, film production, photography and graphic design. A special emphasis will prioritize the use of equipment and computers in the modern media workplace
- To prepare students to recognize and analyze the mass media and effectively design media strategies that will provide solutions to problems
- To develop professional techniques of research, writing (and other forms of presentation), editing, design, and production
- To enable students to use media to affect social and behavioral change within a developing culture
- To help students understand the role of mass media within a liberal democracy
- To enable students to write, deliver and direct media programmes
- To ensure students are grounded in the science of communication and possess the capacity to develop human, social and technological modes of communication.